The Society for Ecological Restoration (SER) will hold its 7th World Conference in Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil from August 27 to September 1, 2017. SER is delighted to be partnering with the Sociedade Brasileira de Restauração Ecológica (SOBRE) and the Sociedad Ibero-Americana y del Caribe de Restauración Ecológica (SIACRE) to host this important event. The conference will attract more than 1,000 participants from around the world interested in ecological restoration science, practice and policy. Attendees will embody a wide range of professional backgrounds in the natural and social sciences, landscape architecture, environmental engineering, urban and regional planning, and public policy, among other disciplines. Primary themes within the scientific program include:
- The science behind restoration practice
- Planning – governance, priorities and goals
- Economic, social and philosophical implications of restoration
- Challenges and obstacles of restoration in an era of rapid change
- Restoration techniques in a variety of different biomes and ecosystems
- Restoration monitoring, and evaluating success
The Conference Organizing Committee is now inviting proposals for symposia, workshops and training courses. We invite submissions addressing any aspect of ecological restoration, including social and cultural dimensions. The deadline to submit proposals is December 20, 2016.
For details, please visit: http://ser2017.org/call-proposals.php.